So where are we now with the goals?
1) Get my swim time for 2000m down to 50 minutes or less.
2) Get my body fat below 20%.
4) Reduce my waist @ the belly button measurement to 31".
5) Reduce my bicep measurement to 10".
7) Find a race to aim for an age group top 3 finish.
Yes, I knocked another 1:13 (1:13!!) off of my 5K time.
To put this in perspective:
January 1, 2013: a 5K race with a PR for me of 31:30
January 13, 2013: the first 5K TT and a PR for me of 28:59
February 24, 2013: the second 5K TT and a PR for me of 26:50
April 7, 2013: today's 5K TT and another big PR of 25:37
That's almost 6 minutes off of a 5K in just 3 months. I am so
Two things I did differently for today:
1) Normally I don't warm up or anything before a run, conserving every ounce of energy for the main event. But recall my post about my surprising brick run last month: Double Double. I ran such a good pace post-run that I thought Hmmm... what if I warm up the legs first? And so I parked my tush on the bike on the trainer and logged a sweaty 50 minute spin before heading out to the TT.
2) Just like I talked about in the previous post, I believed I
To quote one of my new tri-club friends and an accomplished athlete: Don't Limit Yourself. New mantra, people. Words to live by.