Thursday, April 4, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday #2

So who has been waiting with bated breath for the second instalment of What I Ate Wednesday? No one? Well, here it is anyway. Look. Love. Salivate.



1) Breakfast
Back to work and back to routine. This is a pretty typical weekday breakfast. Is it cereal or is it fruit salad? It's fruit cerealad. No? Well it's delicious anyway. Nature's Path Pumpkin Raisin Flax cereal (high calories but so worth it and a great, great company), a banana, strawberries and vanilla almond milk. If I'd had blueberries, I'd have put them in there too. You can't tell from the photo but this is an extra large bowl, bought just to accommodate my cereal and fruit combo. I can't help but look at this super sized bowl of yummy and think I've come along way since my breakfast-skipping days.

2) Morning Snack 1
An orange. No kidding.

3) Morning Snack 2
Liberte fat free blackberry Greek yogurt. I try to eat a serving of Greek yogurt each day, on the advice of my nutritionist, who is always pro-protein with me. Liberte is a favorite. Love the fruit on the bottom sundae style. My absolute favorite is President's Choice fat free lemon but it's almost always sold out. [sigh]

4) Lunch
Oooo fancy dishes! Ziploc containers and paper plates! A salad from home: romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, chicken, avocado in a homemade honey dijon dressing. And a bonus plate of fruit swiped from meeting leftovers: cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries. It may not be obvious but... I love fruit.

5) Early Afternoon
Grande soy hazelnut macchiato. Just like last Wednesday only this one was a treat from my former boss.

6) Dinner
This looks pretty similar to one of last week's meals doesn't it? Well it is, and it's pretty standard when I need to get in a protein and more veggies. It's also delicious and fast. And I'm pretty sure I've read out there that the habits of successful losers include a fair amount of dietary repetition. In this hash: sweet potato, red onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, ham, and scrambled eggs. Topped with a smoky chipotle salsa.

7) Post Swim Snack
I hit the pool for 2050m and came home hungry. Swimming always makes me ravenous. Sliced up a pear and enjoyed it with 25g of Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese. This is one of the best things I've eaten in the last little while. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Total calories: 1919

No comments:

Post a Comment