Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Winning!

Hey! I'm back after a characteristic unexplained absence... Moving on. A couple of posts and about 6 weeks ago, I mentioned that I had entered a contest and made a shameless plea for votes. Well, it was a come from behind victory, but I won! Moving from an early 6th place showing into one of the coveted top-5 positions, and was bestowed with the crown er... shoes, and officially declared a Digital Champion. You know what? I was pretty damn excited. For real.

Along with the modo 8K entry, I received an entry into the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon, some ASICS kicks, and a cute little outfit. And as a Digital Champion, I was expected to talk up the race on social media, and write one (yes, just one!) blog post for Canada Running Series. It was like a collision of dream "jobs". Sponsored athlete and paid writer. In-kind, but still. Pinch me.

So I've been modestly #ScotiaHalf-ing my way around Facebook, Twitter, Strava, and Instagram these past few weeks. Monday night I wrote my post for CRS and yesterday it hit the website. You can read it here... I know you want to. But wait! Before you click that link... a request: don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment