Monday, December 23, 2013

My Road to Challenge: Training Week 4 of 40



This week
Cumulative
Total training hours
13:42
51:19
Swim
01:44 / 3.15 km
04:42 / 9.15 km
Bike
01:57 (spin class + trainer time)
05:46 (spin class + trainer time)
Run
04:31 / 40.6 km
16:06 / 150.3 km
Strength training
02:30
10:45
Yoga
03:00
14:00

Fear not, tiny little blog following. The absence of a training week 4 post, at the end of training week 4 is not reflecting that I’ve stopped training. Au contraire, training week 4 was my biggest week yet. It’s just that training plus work plus Christmas preparations and socials have kept me from blathering on about it… Until now!

I did tap out of the Daily Challenge for December. My knees & shoulders couldn’t take the Crossfit Style Burpees – and since I do a lot of other stuff and don’t want to jeapordize my tri-disciplines by blowing out my knees/shoulder with this little challenge, I bailed.  But that aside, without further ado, here’s week 4:

Monday
8.6 km run (hill repeats in the snow)  
Tuesday
Rest Day!
8 minutes of planking
After work Christmas Cheer!
Wednesday
15 minute warm-up spin on trainer
45 minute weight workout at home
8 minutes of planking
Tri-Club Spin Class
Thursday

8.3 km run
Yoga Double Header:
           Hatha/Core Flow Class
           Hatha Class
Friday
4.5 km run
1 hour weight workout with my trainer
Saturday
5.2 km run
1600m swim
45 minute weight workout at home
42 minute spin on the trainer
Sunday
1550m swim
14.1 km run
Yin/Deep Stretch Yoga Class

My yoga studio has added a new class late morning on Sundays and so I timed my Sunday long run to end at the studio in time to take the Yin/Deep Stretch class. When the instructor asked if we wanted to focus on anything in particular, I was quick to suggest hips. It was a fabulous way to end a long run and something I intend to make a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment