Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Road to Challenge: Training Week 10 of 40



This week (Jan 20 - 26)
Cumulative
Total training hours
17:44
140:04
Swim
03:02 / 5.95 km
20:17 / 34.9 km
Bike
04:00 (spin class + trainer time)
23:35 (spin class + trainer time)
Run
04:46 / 46.12 km
38:24 / 408.16 km
Strength training
02:40
26:23
Yoga
3:15
26:15

Week 10 was a good training week.  I had a good strong swim workout with the Club on Saturday. During one set, I swear I thought I was sweating under my swim cap! And when we did the “fun” stuff at the end and Shaun had us swim underwater as far as we could, I actually made it the entire length of the pool! …Popping up at the shallow end, ready for accolades only to find everyone chatting amongst themselves and climbing out of the pool. LOL.  Today was the Club’s first run time trial of the year and while I didn’t PR, I did run my 3rd fastest 5K (26:27) on a day where the trail was full of people and their dogs, after a night of martinis & champagne cocktails, and following a couple of weeks of ramped up training. I’ll take it.


After today’s efforts, I hit the mall to celebrate completing 10 weeks of this 40-week training journey. Retail rewards thanks to the lululemon gift card that my very generous son gave me for Christmas. Groove shorts, pacesetter skirt, and the practice daily tank. New gear and the potential postponement of laundry day… Yay!

Here is week 10:
Monday

15 minute warm-up spin + 45 minute weight workout
TRX pikes – 25
2100m swim
Tuesday
8.2 km run
1:15 spin on the trainer
Yin/Restorative Yoga Class
TRX pikes – 26
Wednesday
4.7 km run
35 minute weight workout
TRX pikes – 27
Tri-Club Spin Class
2000m swim
Thursday
Rest Day
Hatha Flow Yoga Class
TRX pikes – 28
Friday
6.2 km run
Weight workout with my trainer (45 minutes)
Saturday
1850m coached swim workout
22 km run
Sunday
Hatha Yoga Class
1:30 spin on the trainer
5 km time trial run


Unfortunately, with week 11, I’ll be on call for most of it. Boooo! Good thing it’s taper time for the First Half so no long runs, accomplished on short loops, with the Blackberry in hand. Swimming will require the enlistment of my support crew to sit on deck with my Blackberry in hand, ready to flag me down if it rings. Fortunately, my girl will do it for 5 bucks a swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment