Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Road to Challenge: Training Week 7 of 40


This week (Dec 30-Jan 5)
Cumulative
Total training hours
13:05
89:00
Swim
01:57 / 2.75 km
11:12 / 18.25 km
Bike
01:45 (trainer time)
11:55 (spin class + trainer time)
Run
04:37 / 44.1 km
30:04 / 281.7 km
Strength training
02:16
18:03
Yoga
2:30
17:45

In my last post, I mentioned that life had overshadowed my training – and in a big way. My mother in law was admitted to hospital on December 23rd, unexpectedly. Six days later, the doctors advised that she would not recover from her ailments, and that we were looking at a few more days with her, another week at best.  And so training, and blogging about training, have not been a priority. I haven’t abandoned my training completely. Oh no.  But I have tried to keep my training in perspective as I manage my time, and support my husband. For my planned workouts, I missed a spin, a run, and a couple of strength workouts. And I know in the big picture, those won’t hurt my race efforts, and they won’t return me to my former size 26 self! My mother in law was a fighter and some would argue she was stubborn to boot. On December 29th, we were told “a few days, a week at best”. She passed away last night, 10 days after her best case scenario. We’re going to miss her.  

So for training week 7, things still look pretty unbalanced – a trend that is continuing into training week 8. I know I’ll get it sorted out, when the time is right. And these last 2 weeks, it hasn’t been the right time to obsess about my training schedule.  

Monday
Rest Day!
Nothing at all. Hospital & family time.
Tuesday
New Year’s Eve
1750m swim
Hatha Yoga Class
Wednesday
New Year’s Day
45 minute spin on the trainer
15 minute TRX Chest & Back workout
Daily Challenge WOD: squats, tuck-ups, burpees
Thursday
6.1 km run
16 minute Daily Challenge Tabata: lunges, push-ups, tuck-ups, jumping jacks
15 minute TRX Legs & Hips workout
1 hour spin on the trainer
Friday
5.4 km run
15 minute Daily Challenge WOD: sprints, burpees, tuck-ups
1 hour weight workout with my trainer
Hatha Yoga Class
Saturday
1000m coached swim workout
Sunday
22.6 km run


Picture diary… stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment