Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Road to Challenge: Training Week 9 of 40



This week (Jan 13 - 19)
Cumulative
Total training hours
20:04
122:20
Swim
02:56 / 5.45 km
17:15 / 28.95 km
Bike
04:30 (spin class + trainer time)
19:35 (spin class + trainer time)
Run
05:08 / 46.74 km
33:38 / 362.04 km
Strength training
03:15
23:43
Yoga
4:15
23:00

I did it! I finally managed to get a better balance of the training workload throughout the week. And had the discipline to get up at 4 through the week so that I had a morning workout and an evening workout, rather than cramming everything into the evening. And as a result, I had more opportunities to get to yoga. So week 9 wraps up at just over 20 hours of training – my biggest training week ever! Go, me. Unfortunately, despite all that training, and being pretty strict with the calories, I’m not back to where I’d like to be on the scale. But I’m working on it.

I was feeling pretty positive about all of this week’s training until today. Slept in a bit and enjoyed a lazy morning with coffee in bed for the first time in a long time… No regrets there. But I had some yogurt, Q’ia & blueberries, then got up and did 1:45 on the trainer. Wolfed down a banana, took a quick shower and headed out to the pool for an hour. Went from the pool to meet a friend for coffee. And despite being ravenously hungry and overdue for lunch, I opted not to eat anything, and nursed a black coffee. So when I got home late in the afternoon, the prospect of a run… I just wasn’t feeling it. I was very close to not running tonight but appealed to friends on Facebook to please shame me into running. And this little gem helped get me out the door for what turned out to be a pretty great run.

Here is week 9:
Monday

1:15 spin on the trainer
7.5 km run
TRX Arms & Shoulders workout
TRX pikes – 10
Tuesday
15 minute warm-up spin + 50 minute weight workout
10.5 km run (including hill repeats x 7)
Yin/Restorative Yoga Class
TRX pikes – 12
Wednesday
15 minute warm-up sin + 40 minute weight workout
TRX pikes – 15
Tri-Club Spin Class
2000m swim
Thursday
Rest Day
Hatha Flow Yoga Class
Hatha Candlelight Yoga Class
TRX pikes – 16
Friday
5.3 km run
Fitness test + weight workout with my trainer (45 minutes)
TRX Legs & Hips workout
TRX pikes – 17
Saturday
1450m coached swim workout
17 km run
Yin Yoga Class
TRX pikes – 20
Sunday
1:45 spin on the trainer
2000m swim
TRX Core workout
TRX Chest & Back workout
6.5 km run


On to week 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment