Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Road to Challenge: Training Week 13 of 40



Week 13 (Feb 10 – Feb 16)
Cumulative
Total training hours
10:50
178:00
Swim
03:59 / 9.45 km
29:03 / 54.35 km
Bike
04:28 (spin class + trainer time)
38:18 (spin class + trainer time)
Run
02:23 / 24.44 km
46:20 / 477 km
Strength training

28:38
Yoga

30:30

OK. Show of hands. How many people thought the cessation of weekly training updates meant I had come to my senses abandoned the pursuit of iron distance glory? Well, ha! Put your hands down. I’ve missed a workout here and there, sometimes in the name of on-call derailment, sometimes in the name of laziness recovery. I’ve got good news and bad news for you. The good news is: I’m so far behind on my blog updates that I won’t be able to do much more than itemize what I did, with no glorious recounting of the highs and lows. The bad news is: I’m still going to tell you what I did – because that’s what I do, and because at some point, I’m envisioning a Facebook status that says how many hours I’ve spent neglecting my family training, in the lead up to Challenge and this is a great way to keep track of that. OK, there’s more bad news: I’ll probably be able to remember little snippets of those weeks and share more than anyone cares to read. You might want to get some water. Pay attention to your hydration needs.

This week was the lead up to the First Half and my back woes meant some things remained scaled back (running) or off the table (weights, yoga). Here is week 13:
Monday

2:15 spin on the trainer
2500m swim w/pull buoy
Tuesday
Rest Day

Wednesday
Tri-Club Spin Class
2200m swim w/pull buoy
Thursday


Friday
2250m swim w/pull buoy

Saturday
2500m swim w/pull buoy
1:15 spin on the trainer
3.2 km run
Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment